|Anurag Jain's Blog|
Friday, November 14, 2008
Nov 21-23: Mullainagiri Trek + Kemmanugundi Outing
"Mullainagiri Trek + Kemmanugundi Outing
Mullainagiri is the tallest peak in Karnataka. 6,317 ft above sea level makes this the highest peak between the Nilgiris and the Himalayas. Sholas surrounded by semi ever-green and ever green forests give a heavenly beauty to this region. The curvy route to the peak is aptly called Sarpa-Daari which in Kannada language translates to 'Snake's Path'. The trek starts where an arch, also named Sarpadaari, points to the beginning of the path. At a very small distance from the peak, one can see & explore caves running as deep as a few 100 mtrs. The legend has it that these caves connect 3 famous hills in the region and one end opens up under the temple situated atop the hill.
The picturesque hill station of Kemmangundi is located at a height of 1434m above sea level. This was the summer retreat of Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV. Ringed by the Baba Budangiri Range and blessed with silver cascades, mountain streams, and lush vegetation, Kemmangundi' s beautifully laid-out ornamental gardens and enchanting mountains and valleys views are a treat to the eye. The spectacular sunset view from the Raj Bhavan is a photographer' s delight. For the adventurous at heart, Kemmangundi offers many peaks to scale and intricate jungle paths to explore.
Distance: 250 + km from Bangalore
Route: Tumkur Road, Hassan, Chickmagalur
21-Nov-2008: 10:30 pm: leave late night from a common point in Bangalore
22-Nov-2008: Reach Mullainagiri by 6 am, Trek, Cave exploration, visit ancient temple at the top, reach Kemmanugundi by early evening, Night Stay at Horticulture Cottages
23-Nov-2008: Hike to the Z-point & Shanthi waterfalls and other attractions, Lunch at the Canteen, depart to Bangalore after Tea, and arrive in Bangalore by late evening.
Contact for Approximate cost:
The cost per head is Rs 2250/- (Rs Two thousand two hundred fifty only)
Night Stay at the Kemmanugundi Horticulture Cottages, 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, One Dinner, 2 Coffee/Tea, Transport between Bangalore & Kemmanugundi, Guide Fee, Campfire (if rain permits), Local attraction Entrance Fee, basic medical kit
Does not include any personal expenditure, non vegetarian meals & dinner on the way back
Bank Account Details:
Citibank (Branch M G Road) Account Name: Roopa Sreedhar Account Number: 5279940808
Axis Bank (Branch Banashankari) Account Name: TAG India Account Number: 102010200008617
ICICI Bank (Branch M G Road) Account Name: B G Giridhar Account Number: 000201002775
Call us to confirm your participation. Please email the Transaction Details to email@example.com with the subject "Nov 08 – Mullainagiri Trek – Transaction Details"
1. All participants should have filled up the membership form by using the join us link on www.tagindia.net
2. In case of trekking, every group will have a Leader and a trailer - Decision taken by them would be the FINAL. Suggestions from trekkers are welcome but expecting maximum co-operation to Leaders. Trekking schedule/plan is designed without knowledge of Seasonal situation, Wildlife activity and anything which could go wrong at that time. Expecting high level of patience with respect to change in schedule/plan.
3. TAG INDIA is a medium for adventure/nature enthusiasts in Bangalore to come together and participate in eco-friendly adventure activities. TAG INDIA, TAG INDIA TEAM, Trek Leaders, and other TAG INDIA members are NOT responsible for loss of belongings or life of any participant. Please be very serious about this note. Take care of your own belongings and respect your life.
4. Littering & shouting in the wilderness is prohibited. Night stay is arranged in estate property. We will be having very simple and basic facilities. Luxury not included.
5. While on a trek, group should move together in a single-line formation, with no one going too far ahead or behind. Be independent. Carry one's own pack. Backpack not to exceed 15 kg. Wear dull, mud or khaki color cloths, which generally do not attract wildlife, avoid bright colors.
6. Consumption of alcohol is not allowed in any of the TAG INDIA TREKS.
7. Do not tease any living being in forest - from small plant, worm to elephant.
8. Making your trip a great experience is in your hand. Help yourself to follow the guidelines and enjoy the fun and adventure :-)
9. After the announcement of final list, anyone dropping out has to bear the cost of Transportation & Food. (Transport & Food already booked/ordered)
Things NOT to carry:
Liquor, narcotic drugs & ego
TAG INDIA team
"Shoot only pictures; Capture only memories; Leave only Footprints" 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment