|Anurag Jain's Blog|
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Toto Awards 2009 - Music. Call For Entries.
"TOTO AWARDS 2009
CALL FOR ENTRIES
TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS (TFA), in association with Counter Culture Records (CCR), invites entries for the fifth annual TOTO awards for young budding musicians and bands. The winner of the award has two options: (i) the Rs 50,000 cash prize (to be used towards your music!) OR (ii) a complete record deal from CCR + a music equipment voucher from On-Stage Music (India’s high quality music equipment store) worth Rs 15,000! The record deal will include recording and releasing your debut album across India.
TFA is looking for entries in contemporary music from all parts of India (bands or individuals). The list of genres extends from rock, jazz, heavy metal, trance, house, instrumental, folk, to any genre which is yet to be "born". The award is open to music in any language.
Over the past five years, the TFA music award has grown as a concept and has become an event that all young musicians look forward to. It's an opportunity to see where you stand among many other Indian musicians, and to get your music heard and judged by veterans in the field. Entries will be judged by a panel of three independent jurors, both on your music and your potential as an artist/band. Professional recording quality is not a requirement.
Past judges have ranged from Luke Kenny (VJ, Actor), Vishal Dadlani (Pentagram, Vishal-Shekhar), to Raghu Dixit (Music Director and vocalist) and Arjun Sankalia (GM, International Repertoire, Sony BMG). Over the years, we've seen this award been presented to bands such as Myndsnare (2005), Demonic Resurrection (2006), Lounge Piranha (2007), and the newest addition to the list, Shefali Alvares (2008).
• The award is open to all Indian nationals resident in India (no NRIs please)
• You must NOT be over 30 as on January 1, 2009
• The spirit of the TFA Awards is to identify and encourage young talent. Therefore, do not submit an entry if your music has received a commercial contract
• Entries can be in any language
• Submissions should be 100% original
Deadline: 7 October, 2008
Application package should include the following:
• 2 CD copies of the music (audio or .wav formats - no MP3). Please label each CD with the name of the artist/band and a contact no. Please also include track names. You can send in between 3-5 tracks.
• A signed statement confirming: (i) the applicants’ date of birth (ii) the names of any previously released singles/CDs (iii) that the submitted work is original.
• Applicant’s contact information, including telephone and cell number, email and postal address.
Applications should be submitted to:
TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS, H 301 Adarsh Gardens, 8th Block, 47th Cross, Jayanagar, Bangalore 560 082, Phone: 080-26548139
If you have any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
The Fine Print:
• Submitted material will not be returned.
• The decision of the TFA jury is final and cannot be contested in any forum.
• The submissions should be 100% original. Copyright issues are the responsibility of the applicant, not TFA.
Please note: We reserve the right to use your submitted music (if necessary) to publicise the awards either on our website or in any in-house materials. Otherwise, the copyright rests with the musicians and your submission will be put to no other use without your express permission.
TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS (TFA) is a not-for-profit public charitable trust set up in memory of Angirus 'Toto' Vellani who was intensely passionate about music, literature and films.
Counter Culture Records is an independent music label that actively pursues new sounds and new music and is dedicated to providing a platform for talented artists and bands to release their music, enabling them to reach wider audiences.
The Onstage Foundation (www.onstagefoundation.org) is an initiative set up by "Onstage Music" to improve the infrastructure in the Indie music scene in India, by setting up a fund of one million INR to seed projects by musicians and people interested in being a part of this ever-growing endeavour. " 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment