Anurag Jain's Blog
Monday, May 15, 2006

Convocated!

I graduated from my PhD programme on Mar 28th, 2006 and thus (finally!) converting my almost six-month graduand status to a graduate one! I recieved the title "Fellow of IIM Bangalore" from the acting Chairman of IIMB Society (Chairman Mukesh Ambani had to cancel his plan at the last minute).

Reminds me of a quote I used to have in my IIMB hostel room: I'm going to graduate on time. No matter how long it takes! Also, don't know why but I feel like quoting Shakespeare: All's well that ends well. Related? Huh. Philosophical? Huh. Who cares, man? I finished my doctoral studies, man! In presence of the whole family too! (Everybody in family was mighty impressed when I was the first person to recieve a degree that evening. Little did they know that it was because my roll number came first! Heck, I even got to lead the convocation procession.) Anyways, even though it was quite a sober ceremony, everybody had a lot of fun as air was pregnant with a strong feeling of achievement.


Times of India, 29th Mar 2006: IIMB 31st Convocation, 28th Mar '06 - Me seated Rightmost


Some more links on conovocation news:
# Times of India, Mar 29, 2006.
# Deccan Herald, Mar 29th, 2006
# The Hindu, Mar 29, 2006.
# Convo News/Pics on PGSEM Blog: here and here
# Indian Express, Mar 29, 2006.

4 comments                                                                                              

Comments:
gr8 man, congrats!
so again u rocking :)
 
Congrats! yes...we saw your pic on the paper..

how is married life treating you?
 
Thanks Rahul and Aqua.

Aqua: Married life is keeping me busy is all! You guys gotta come down sometime. I am @ R T Nagar these days.
 
Congrats!! Dr. Jain..
 
Post a Comment


Home