Anurag Jain's Blog
Friday, July 08, 2005

Identity on Net: Imitation is the best form of flattery!

I was just going through my blog stats and referrals when I discovered a hit from RS' blog called Mosakutti (whatever that word means). Crusining through her page, I couldn't find any reference to my blog. So, looked at the source code and discovered that the link to my blog was in the comments section of this post. Now the funny part starts. There's a comment that says:

"At 8:16 PM, July 07, 2005, Anurag Jain said…
Cliched examples, barely makes a cliched point"

Now I was left wondering when the heck did I make this comment! Turned out somebody else is using my name and linking to my blog as if I was the one commenting! Maan! Two things: a) How stupid is that! and b) who on earth would want to pretend to be me! Heck, I dont wanna be me sometimes!! I am really flattered. I am. I mean somebody actually wants to be me. Maan! Get a life (or at the very least get an idenitity)!

But seriously, we need some ID system on the Internet. Check out the brand new/hot-off-the-oven system OpenID (started by LiveJournal founder. An example of ditributed identity check here. Read more details here on /.) Sometime, too much democracy is not good! Ask Uncle Sam, and he'd tell you how he is trying to 'promote' a 'restrained-democracy' in various parts of the world. What's that? Oh well, never mind..

2 comments                                                                                              

Comments:
Hey, I also discovered the same thing while going through the stats on my blog. There was a comment on someone's blog, a blog that I have never visited, and probably that person has also never visited me.

Could this be a tech error...

-Anu
 
Hey Anuradha, going by the prevalence of comments spam, it could be a tech problem too. But seems too random for it to be a tech error. I hope it is, though!
 
Post a Comment


Home