Anurag Jain's Blog
Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Why do I blog?

I Blog. Therefore I am a Blog People.

Or am I? Am I Blog People because I Blog or I Blog because I am Blog People? Why do I Blog?

In the quest to answer these blogxistential questions, consider the following Calvin and Hobbes comic strip.



Funny, eh? Well, my reasons of blogging are similar. No, no don't get me wrong. I ain't no kid and I certainly ain't on dope to dare imagine being ever so highly successful one day so as to be able to find audience for my autobiography! The real reason I blog is that it allows me to maintain a record of my life. By my life I don't just mean what's happening with me, but also the things and topics that interest me at any given point of time. I can always come back at later point in time and see what my life was like at a time t in the past.

Further, I already have had a personal website for last 5 years (since mid-2000). Then why did I get into blogging at the end of year 2002? Because, unlike website, I don't need to worry about neatly categorizing the content on blog. I can just write whatever I fancy. I am not bound by any structure. That makes my blog an info dump, doesn't it? But hey, do I care? No. Why? Because my purpose of archiving info is served!

Some questions: Do I expect any visitors/readers? No. Do I write for visitors? No. Do I like visitors? Yes. Do I have any visitors? I think, yes! Why not a private blog (equivalent of a personal diary) then? Why open the blog to whole public? Well, I think life should be an open book. If your life consists of deeds that are so dark so as to be not revealed publicly, you better not maintain even a private blog!

Ergo, to answer the question at the beginning, only because I Blog am I the Blog People and NOT the other way round. I like that distinction to be pretty clear in my mind.

0 comments                                                                                              

Comments: Post a Comment


Home