Anurag Jain's Blog
Sunday, February 13, 2005

Oh, Nostalgia!

Whoever said that 'Age is a very high price to pay for maturity' was bang-on.

Sometimes I think Nostalgia is a country I wanna migrate to! Admit it: Irrespective of how shitty the music and movies scene was in your childhood, you wanna embrace it all over again.

Why am I emoting so much? Why am I all of a sudden bitchin about old times? Here's why: the other day I came across some happening old-time Bollywood tunes in a restaurant (Aishwarya Parkland on Bannerghatta Rd). Listening to it was like moksha-praapti (=nirvana) kinda experience (not that I would know it!). I asked 'em to lend the cassette to me so that I can rip it off to MP3s, but they wouldn't let me. Now, the babies on this cassette are real hard to find. It's not like I can goto a music shop and bang, there it is. I know that fact and that's why I asked for borrowing the tape in the first place. During all this discussion, all I could find was that the tape turned out to be an album called "Hey You", an 'Instrumental on electronic guitar' compilation by an artist called Ashish Bhadra. Anyways, here's a list of numbers on that killer tape. If anyone has any of 'em babies, lemme know:

# Shahenshah - Jaane do jaane do mujhe jana hai
# Khudgarz - aap ke aa jane se (Mai se meena se naa saaki se) *
# Paap ki Duniya - Chori Chori yun jab dil dhadke *
# Kaash - O Yara
# Zabardast - Jab chaha yaara tumne
# Shahenshah - Andheri raaton mein sunsan sadko par
# Khudgarz - Zindagi ka naam dosti *
# Kaash - Baad Muddat Ke
# Kaash - Phool Ye Kahan Se
# Shahenshah - Hey You

(I have got *marked songs)

Talkin of Bollywood in 70s/80s, here's a really-creative site which you can spend hours on, if you are familiar with 70s/80s movie and music culture in India. (do check out his archives too). A Pakistani counterpart to that would be Bubonic Films (Statutory Warning: Please exercise your discretion before watching any of Bubonic Films' content. I will not be responsible for the loss of your soul).

0 comments                                                                                              

Comments: Post a Comment


Home