Anurag Jain's Blog
Sunday, January 16, 2005

An Ode To Hazel!

Here is a real neat piece of poetry about Hazel. Hazel who ? Well, its the money plant in G-214, which has been named Hazel by a friend of mine. Never knew people could be so poetic. But, of course, such artistic delights are wasted on boors such as yours truly...

As I wind through the canopy of trees
Sweet fragrance enveloped me in the deep lane
Drenched I stepped out to be devoured
By the music of silence
Sheltered under the spread
I hear my thoughts, fear of fears
Fear of possession, Of belonging to the other

My arms reached up toward the sky,
like branches of the gorgeous beauty
Wondered element of a surprise
Awaiting me where I headed to....

Warmth of smile and Coziness of hug
Passion of kiss and Murmurs of heart
Revealed to me as the door closed behind me
Then, I saw her in his den, his cheeks blushed
While she moved gracefully,
her loveliness captured me helpless
I lost myself in her subtle moves
I saw him overwhelmed by her stark beauty
A myrmidon of smells, I froze still a moment!

Slender, Sensitive, her tendrils revolve gently
Drawing support from the structure, Moving closer to him
The Devil's Ivy, seemed possessive of him
Beyond her
Azure blue melting in ripples
Happy chirps, songs to caress my insecurities
Humming birds enjoying flowers,succulent nectar
Her smile, a solace to my tired nerves

The darkness gathered around us
The warmth of his body is felt by me
As she whispers gently, "he is mine"
A presence I feel coming nearer
She waved softly, a gentle breeze
Like Gold threads from above
She seemed reliving the joy of love he gave her
My heart pleads in silence, "am not here to disrupt"
"will let him stay with you HAZEL, Your Tendrils"..


0 comments                                                                                              

Comments: Post a Comment


Home