Anurag Jain's Blog
Friday, October 22, 2004

Last few weeks.

Last few weeks have been really hectic. And thats the reason why I have not really been posting anything personal, in the process defeating the very purpose of starting this blog.

So to jot down coupla things over last coupla weeks, lemme start with 2 weeks back. Last to last weekend, all of a sudden, I had to fly to Mumbai (I still prefer Bombay!) on business. Evaluated papers of a competition en route, as the deadline of submitting ranked papers was closing in and I just couldn't find any time to do it before I left for Mumbai. In Mumbai, visited BKC (Bandra Kurla Complex) for the first time. Pretty neat, still not as good as Bangalore's ITPL. Met sister and family. Had fun, came back the next day.

Since then, some of the most interesting things have been happening. I met people over at Air Deccan couple of times including Capt Gopinath, Managing Director. Meeting him was a dream come true. Got to know a lot about Air Deccan and what exactly are they doing and how they are doing it. Hope to meet him again soon to talk about possibilities of working with Deccan. I am an ardent admirer of this company. And in my opinion, joining Air Deccan now is like joining Infosys in 1992: You bet on the growth of the company, and if you are right, you grow big with the company! Rather than employee number X (choose any X>5,000!), I would rather be an early employee and make my own success out of the company's success. Moreover, I like disruptive companies/environments to work with. Further, Start-up environment has distinct advantages too which we can reserve as a topic to be discussed some other time.

0 comments                                                                                              

Comments: Post a Comment


Home