Anurag Jain's Blog
Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Finally Gmail

Yesterday I logged into my blogger account (which hosts this page), and I was surprised to see the Gmail Beta usage invitaion! (I hope this guy gets it too!) I immediately clicked the signup link as I had been desperately waiting to get (anuragjain AT gmail.com). But while signing up, I discovered that nick was already taken! I had to take (anuragkjain AT gmail.com). I have been pipped to my birth-right email ID at Yahoo!, Hotmail earlier. And now at gmail too! God, when will I get anuragjain AT a mainstream mail service! In the meantime, well, you can reach me at my new gmail id: anuragkjain AT gmail.com

The Gmail service looks cool to start with. But its not fast as I expected it to be. Reason, I guess is that its too heavy on JavaScript. Also, it does not have any 'signature' option, a few lines that automatically get attached at the end of every mail. Further, it doesn't have a "Remember Me" sort of option for logging in. Hence, everytime I restart the browser, I have to sign in all over again.

Heck, at 1GB of storage I dont wanna whine :)
0 comments                                                                                              

Comments: Post a Comment


Home