Anurag Jain's Blog
Monday, July 14, 2003

Lookie, Lookie, who's here!

As my parents will be off to the US for 2-3 months this month end, they decided to pay my sister and family a visit before that, and hence flew down to Mumbai day before yesterday. And since their reaching Mumbai, everyone, from my sister to my mom to my niece, has been after my life for me to go and join them at Mumbai for a few days. I have been saying no to all of 'em, including to my cute lil' niece's (Prakruti) "Maama, u come here or else.." warnings. And they all know I am not coming. Now, here's the fun part: After saying no to all, I got my tickets to Mumbai booked for tommorrow! And here's the funniest part: I ain't gonna tell 'em that I am coming!! I'll just go present myself at their door! Boy, will that be fun or wat!!

I like surprise visits. (I mean my surprise visits to others and not vice versa :-) I remember, two year back, me, sister, and bro decided to go home unannounced during diwali and surprise parents. At that time my sister and family were in Assam, bro/bhabhi in US . So we all decided to fly down to Delhi and meet up at the airport and then proceed to surprise papa and mummy. And thats exactly what we did! Except that, due to flight scheduling issues, my bro came a few hours later (next day) and hence we surprised parents twice: first me, sister & kids reached home in the evening and then next morning, while my mom was off to temple, my bro & bhabhi arrived and we hid them in a room. Man, was mom surprised or what, seeing them emerge outta room! It was SO MUCH fun!

Well, the fun's gonna be repeated once again tommorrow! (Hope my family aint reading this. Nah, they must be too busy having fun :-). Prakruti, u cutie, here I come!

0 comments                                                                                              

Comments: Post a Comment


Home