Anurag Jain's Blog
Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Just had G Block intro party. First year guys in block were intro-ed in traditional style (jhaadu as mike). This year though 2nd yr guys in our block got innovative and introduced a rating system for intros! So it became more like a beauty pageant even though guys were not really out to compete with each other! It was some sort of block baptization, whereby freshers were also christened based on whatever amusing came up in their intro! So junta got names like aunty, babban, teelu etc etc.. (Babban was nick given based on central character in a funny [read rugby] joke told by this guy. U get the idea how ppl got nicks.) My poor music system couldn't compete with the noise level of junta and on top of that, first time I found myself not playin so good music. Guess, I have to make a nice 'party playlist' sometime. Too much music is creating a selection problem! Oh, those pre-mp3 days of L-square parties where I had to deal with single-CD player and a double cassette deck on the mixer console to dish out the next song lest partying crowd should murder me!

Anyways, had good fun tonite. Although I hope, next year I wont have to see another batch! Too many batches seen already! Well, guess what: I thought the same last year too! That reminds me, I gotta quit bloggin and write my thesis.
0 comments                                                                                              

Comments: Post a Comment


Home