Anurag Jain's Blog
Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Life: What do YOU want?
Met a PhD colleague (batchmate) today who's working with BCG (Boston Consulting Group). He's putting his paper in this month end and joining as a faculty member at a reputed management institute. Reason: too hectic a schedule as a consultant. That makes me wonder ultimately what exactly is it that people want from a job? Is it more important than what they want from life? Do people even care what they want from life? Do they even think? Apparently, some do! :) 'Cause BCG is one of the most sought after and well-paid job at b-schools worldwide and to chuck that to do what you want to do is, well, rare.

As for myself, I do not want to join a corporate job. I dont want to teach either after PhD. Then what is left, one might ask? Well, du-h, hello! Business, of course! I want to start a business. What, when, i dunno (If I knew, would have started by now). I cant see myself a slave of same life-routine (as against time-routine) as zillions other are. And yesterday, I was wondering if I will be able to sustain this 'I-dont-need-to-be-like-anyone-else' feelings/enthu later when things dont work out in life (invariably they dont, at least the first time, they dont) as planned. I have noticed and experienced that one's feelings about things & life, and idea of life undergo a tremendous change with age. Thats quite natural actually: I mean, yeah, you can admit you liked Aqua's music once upton a time :-). But, here, I am not talking about growing-up kinda change in perspective. I am talking about fundamental beliefs and perspective of life. And I pray to God that in my case my world-view doesn't change tommorrow and I dont fall into the same routine as everyone else. I dont mean to sound stubborn and non-receptive to change (of perspective): I just want nothing, come what may, nothing to shake my current belief in how life should be. Hope, God will be so kind to me at least, as to shower me with this blessing!

0 comments                                                                                              

Comments: Post a Comment


Home