Anurag Jain's Blog
Tuesday, June 10, 2003

G-Block: Bihar of IIMB Hostels

After blinking intermittently for 1 hour, finally the light went out of my life last nite. Yes, G-block is without power since last nite 0000 hrs. I could make my bed sleepworthy in the monitor light while I was shutting it down on UPS. Seems to be some major fault, will get rectified only by evening. Amongst all hostel blocks (A-J), G-block is most affected by infrastructural problems such as frequent power outages, network outages, choked drainages, dirty toilets, no soap, etc etc. Reckon, it can be compared to BIMARU states of India on infrastructure index.

I had this interesting conversation today with an IITian. She is doing her summer project in Bangalore and staying at IIMB hostel. I asked her if she wanted to do an MBA after IIT, and guess what she replied? She said: "Earlier, I actually wanted to do an MBA from IIMs but now after having been here in IIM Campus and seen IIM junta, I have changed my plans. I kinda expected it (IIM) to be much more than what it is". Phew!! Well, what do u know, hype is deceptive :)
0 comments                                                                                              

Comments: Post a Comment


Home