Anurag Jain's Blog
Monday, May 05, 2003

New HDD, total capacity 140GB: P2P, here I come.

I installed another hard disk (Seagate - Barracuda, 80 GB ) today. I had to, of course, remove my zip drive for that 'cause my system doesn't have that many IDE power sources available.. Now my compu has 3 hard disks (20, 40 & 80 GB) totaling to 140GB :) This new hard disk, I had to buy due to ever increasing music volume on my current hard disks. Presently, I have 36 GB of music and I can see it increasing upto 80GB in very near future. The only sad part about my new hard disk is that my system's (P-III 600 MHz) mother board (810E) would not support a third hard disk of 80GB single partition, so I had to partition it in two 40GBs drives. Now, thats not what I wanted 'cause I wanna keep my whole nicely categorized music under a single directory structure! Will see if I can manage to upgrade my BIOS to support the new 80GB hard disk without any partitions. (Update 9th May: I could make a single partition of 80GB and my system is supporting it! My dream come true!!)
0 comments                                                                                              

Comments: Post a Comment


Home