Anurag Jain's Blog
Wednesday, May 28, 2003

The Fall of G-214

Today, after jealously guarding my right to enjoy flith and uncleanliness for 3 full years, I had to give in to the hostel authorities' request-cum-order of getting my room painted. I was hoping that I could avoid it this year too, but I had kinda got the inkling of things to come 2 weeks back when the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon drawn on the outer side of my rooom wall was painted over. This year, our institute is going for distemper paint in hostel as against the usual limestone white-wash thing, reason being this: distemper is more durable and will require re-paint only once in 3 years as compared to every year for cheap limestone whitewash. Now, you can understand the pressure by hostel office. (But I still can't). Anyways, I am displaced from my room G-214 for tonite (temporarily in G-211) and will be able to shift back only tommorrow evening. I am writing this from computer center and I guess will sleep here only. Seriously though, if you ask me, I think they should make an amendment to constituton and make the right to enjoy uncleanliness fundamental right.

0100 hrs (1AM)
My room is ready to shift back in! Man, was that quick or wat! I m done shifting back to G-214 by 0230 hrs. Watched remaining CD of 'Wild Things' as I was planning to not sleep at all and study later, but crashed @ 0400 hrs (4AM). G-214, Sweet, G-214.
0 comments                                                                                              

Comments: Post a Comment


Home