|Anurag Jain's Blog|
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Nov 29-30: IFA's Hadu Hakki Habba
Just got this info, so not sure about whether deadline has been extended since or not!
"About Hadu Hakki Habba
Ananya initiated the ‘Hadu Hakki’ project with the aim of introducing and encouraging learning and appreciation of Carnatic music among children. Supported by a grant from the India Foundation for the Arts, ‘Hadu Hakki’, a series of 19-episodes were aired through all the All India Radio stations of Karnataka, last year. The series were designed as simple interactive sessions to present the children with an overview of Carnatic music and were accompanied by articles for children in Ananya’s monthly magazine ‘Ananya Abhivyakti’.
As a fitting finale to this, Ananya now presents ‘Hadu Hakki Habba’, a festival that aspires to encourage an exciting and fun-filled approach to the learning and appreciation of Carnatic music among children through activities such as essay, collage, quiz, games, presentations, group events and interactions with senior musicians, all based on the theme of Carnatic music.
All the episodes of Hadu Hakki that were aired on AIR will be released as a set of ten CDs at the festival.
Terms and Conditions
● Participation is open to children studying from standard 5th to standard 10th.
● Participants are expected to have, at a minimum, knowledge of the concepts covered as part of the syllabus of the Junior Examination in Carnatic Music conducted by the Government of Karnataka.
● Application forms may be obtained at the Ananya Sangraha, 94/1, West Park Road, 16th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore 560 055, from designated Ananya representatives or by sending a mail to email@example.com.
● Last date for receipt of the application is 10th November, 2008. These could be sent by post/courier/in person to the Ananya Sangraha or to the email address mentioned above.
● Selected candidates will be informed by email/post. They have to pay a registration fee of Rs. 50/- by Monday, the 15th of November 2008. The fee can be sent by post/courier to Ananya Sangraha in the form of DD/Cheque payable to Ananya or paid in person in the form of cash at the Ananya Sangraha.
● Schedule of the Hadu Hakki Habba is as follows:
An Essay and a Collage competition will be conducted on Sunday, the 23rd of November 2008 at Ananya, 91/2, 4th Main Road, Malleswaram, Bangalore 560 003 between 10.30 a.m. and 1.30 p.m.
The main festival comprising various events such as quiz, interaction with musicians etc. will be conducted on Saturday, the 29th of November 2008 from 1.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. and on Sunday, the 30th of November 2008 from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. at Seva Sadana, 14th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore.
● Rules for the Essay Competition:
The essay can be written in English or Kannada
The topic for the essay is 'Carnatic Music and I' in English and 'Nanu Mattu Karnataka Sangita' in Kannada.
The Essay competition participants are expected to report at the venue at 10.00 a.m. The competition will start at 10.30 a.m. and will be for one hour duration.
A4-size sheets will be provided to the participants to write the essays. The participants are expected to get their own writing materials including writing board, pencils/pens, erasers etc.
● Rules for the Collage Competition:
The theme for the collage will be based on Carnatic Music and will be intimated to the participants on the spot.
The Collage competition participants are expected to report at the venue at 11.00 a.m. The competition will start at 11.30 a.m. The total time provided for this will be two hours.
Chart paper will be provided to the participants to create the collage The participants are expected to get all other materials such as pencils/pens, sketch pens, colour paper, glue, scissors, sticking tape, magazines/newspapers etc.
● Light snacks will be provided on the 23th of November 2008 and the 29th of November 2008. Lunch will be provided on the 30th of November 2008.
● Participants shall be given two coupons each for lunch and snacks – one for the participant and one for an accompanying adult. Additional food coupons may be bought at the venue.
● Information on Hadu Hakki Habba is also available on www.ananyahaduhakki.blogspot.com.
● For any clarification, you could also contact 9845287173 / 9980959759
Support the Arts. Support IFA
Public Relations India Foundation for the Arts
'Apurva' Ground Floor
No 259, 4th Cross
Raj Mahal Vilas IInd Stage
vindya AT indiaifa dot org tel:
91-80-23414681 " 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment